Apply online for a school place
If you are resident in Lancashire, you can apply online for your preferred primary or secondary schools (even if any of these are outside of the county).
Before you apply for a school place you should find out about the help and information available to you. In particular you must read the relevant information for parents:
Further information is available from your area education office.
Before you start
If you registered online in previous years (before 1 September 2017) you will need to re-register as we are using a new system.
If any of your preferences are independent (fee paying) schools, apply directly to the school itself.
You will need to have the following handy:
- A valid email address - this is the address we will use to confirm your application and the school place you will be offered in April
- Your name, address and telephone number
- The first name, last name and date of birth of the child
- For secondary school applications the name of the child's current primary school
- The child's permanent address (if this is different from the parent/guardian applying for a place)
- The names of your first, second and third school preferences
- Details of brothers or sisters who will be attending one or more of the schools you are applying to when the younger child starts in September
- If the child receives care, you need the name of the Local Care Authority that is responsible for this care and the child's social worker
- You will need to choose your own user ID, this must be 6-16 characters long and contain letters and numbers only
- You will also need to choose a password of at least 8 characters, one uppercase, one lowercase, one of the following special characters: ! @ # % ^ & * () and one number
If you need help accessing or completing the online application form contact the customer access centre:
- Tel: 0300 123 6707
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
- Email: email@example.com
You can change your online application at any point before the closing date. Please ensure you resubmit your application if you make any changes.
Any applications received after the deadline will be classed as late.
Information about your home address for school admissions purposes.
Where to send supporting information (from your doctor or health visitor for example).
If you want to apply for a special school place for your child the process is different.
How we use and store your personal data.