Vehicle crossings (dropped kerb)

Planning permission

The construction of your vehicle crossing may require planning permission.  For example, you may require planning permission if your access:

  • is from an A, B or C classified road (consult MARIO (Maps and Related Information Online) to see this information) or
  • is connected to works inside the site that will need planning permission, such as paving over a former garden area, building a new house or garage, or changing the use or purpose of the property

As this list is not exhaustive it is the owner's responsibility to ensure that all appropriate planning permissions have been sought and that these have been given prior to the submission of an application for the construction of a vehicle crossing.  Failure to do so may result in action being taken against you by the planning authority.

Page 3 of 8