We are responsible for the maintenance of 4,600 miles of highways and 5,300 miles of footpaths in Lancashire. This includes maintaining roads and footpaths, fixing potholes, winter gritting and maintaining bridges. 

Report a fault in the highway

Report a problem with a road, pavement, cycle path, public right of way, street light, blocked gulley, traffic light or flooding incident.

Footpath maintenance

There are two ways we maintain footpaths - footpath reconstruction and slurry seal.

Roadworks and traffic regulation orders

Road closures and traffic disruption.

Enforcing moving traffic offences consultation

We are planning to enforce certain moving traffic offences.


Winter maintenance service and priority gritting routes.

Road adoptions

Requesting the adoption of existing and newly-built private streets or roads.


Faults reporting and constructing bridges over highways.

Vehicle crossings (dropped kerb)

Dropped kerb information and quote.

Road maintenance

Find out about the different types of road maintenance that our team carry out.

More services

Land compensation claims

For residential property that has depreciated in value, by physical factors resulting from public works , where no land is acquired.

Major transport schemes

Transport schemes and projects supported by the Local Transport Plan.

Abnormal load notification

Routing information and how to notify the council if you plan to transport very large items by road.

Road closure application

We need 12 weeks advance notice to process and prepare for a temporary traffic regulation order.