The county council owns and maintains many bridges and highway structures in Lancashire. This includes rural footbridges on the public right of way network.

Reporting faults and raising issues

If you wish to report a fault, please contact us.

Not all bridges and structures on the highway are the responsibility of Lancashire County Council. Other bodies that own highway bridges and structures are:

Construction of a bridge over the highway

Developers planning the construction of bridges and highway structures need to consider various regulations. For an initial discussion about your proposals please use the contact details or you can email direct to 

Contact us

Telephone: 0300 123 6780