Free loan service for reading groups
We are pleased to support local reading groups. Loans are free to reading groups in Lancashire and can be collected from a Lancashire library of your choice. Your group can request up to twelve titles each year and up to fifteen copies of each title can be provided. The loan period is eight weeks.
Alternative formats can be requested for example audiovisual and large print. Your group may also want to take advantage of the simultaneous access titles from our BorrowBox download library.
- To use the service your group must appoint a co-ordinator to take responsibility for requesting and returning books on time. Register now or request more details by emailing ReadingGroups@lancashire.gov.uk
- If your co-ordinator's details change you need to update your co-ordinator details.
- To see a list of the titles available in the reading group collection please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-ordinators should download and complete the booking form (DOC 46KB). Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Your co-ordinator will be contacted by your nominated library when your books are available for collection.
We offer a wide range of titles which are regularly updated
You can also suggest a title to add to our reading group collection.
The Reading Agency (external link) has a quick guide to starting a reading group of your own. If you are thinking of setting up your own group please get in touch.
If material is lost or damaged we will ask your group to pay for a replacement.