Types of waste our recycling centres accept
The following types of waste can be taken to all the recycling centres.
The Garstang Community Recycling and Re-use Centre does not accept all types of waste.
- Cooking oil
- Electronic equipment
- Flat/plate glass
- Fluorescent tubes
- Fridges and Freezers
- Furniture (sofa, armchair, wardrobes)
- Gas bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
- Green garden waste
- Household and car batteries
- Household chemicals
- Large domestic appliances (cookers, ovens)
- Newspapers, magazines, books and paper
- Plaster and plasterboard*
- Plastic bottles
- Printer cartridges
- Rubble and hardcore*
- Scrap metal
- Textiles, clothes and shoes
- TV's and monitors
*With an inert waste permit.
The following types of waste can only be taken to certain recycling centres:
- Asbestos (see hazardous waste for more details of participating sites)
- Cartons (most recycling centres now accept cartons with the exception of Skelmersdale, Longridge and Altham).