National Insurance number (NINo) registrations, non-UK nationals
- Data showed around 8,330 registrations in the Lancashire-12 area in 2019/20.
- The increase of 2,050 from 2018/19 constitutes a very substantial 32.7% rise.
- The figure for the Lancashire-12 area equates to 1.1% of the UK total of 757,750.
- The number of registrations in Lancashire-14 was 10,380 in 2019/20, 2,540 more than in 2018/19.
- India, for the first time since 2003/4, was the main source of registrations for the Lancashire-12 area with 1,340 or 16.1% of the total.
- Of the 1,340 registrations by Indian nationals, 1,150 were in the Preston City Council area.
- Registrations were highest in Preston in 2019/20, with 3,060 registrations.
- Most districts experienced increases, some of them large, in the number of registrations compared to 2018/19.
We have included on this page six Microsoft Power BI slides. Figure 1, Table 1 and Figure 3 are also found in the "Further analysis" document, but in the slides they are interactive. Table 1 can be sorted according to values in any column by clicking on the column header. In Figure 3 the values can be read off for the corresponding bars by pointing at the bars. Figures 2.a and 2.b are slightly different versions of the map which appears as Figure 2 in the "Further analysis" document. Because the data made available by the Department for Work and Pensions has been suppressed in some instances, the Lancashire-12 totals and district totals are slightly different. Had the county and district figures been merged into a single data source for the map there would have been a danger that the figures could be double-counted. The maps are interactive, and zooming is possible. In Figure 2.b the map can be filtered by each district in turn, or by multiple districts. Figure 4 shows the same information in pie chart form.
The Department for Work and Pensions have produced an interactive map of their own.
Page updated June 2020