Social care

Disabled children and their families may need additional support from social care services. This can include short breaks and respite care, holiday play schemes, care in the home, equipment and adaptations. 

As a parent or carer you have the right to ask for your child’s needs to be assessed and you may also request a carer's assessment for yourself. 

Young people approaching their 18th birthday will get support throughout their transition to adult social care.

Contact us

If you would like to talk to someone about your social care needs or request an assessment call us on 0300 123 6720.

If you have any questions or concerns about the social care provision for your child's SEND support email Clive Groves, Designated Social Care Officer.