Give feedback about a SEND service

If you're not happy with the way a service has supported you or your child, please get in touch with your contact or the manager of the service.

You can also contact impartial services, for advice or support to help you resolve any disagreements.

If you can't fix the problem, you can make a complaint.

Information advice and support

The Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Team can provide information and support, including when you may disagree with a decision.

Complain about a school

If you have a complaint about the way the school has supported your child's special educational needs, please follow the school's complaints procedure.

The school's policies and procedures are on their website.

EHC plans and assessments

If your complaint is about your education health and care (EHC) assessment or plan, you can complain to Lancashire County Council. If you disagree with a decision about your EHC assessment or plan, you can appeal to the SEND Tribunal.

Social care

Complaints about social care are considered using separate procedures:

Complain about other council services

Health services

Health services have their own complaints procedures which you will find on their website.

Other service complaints

If the service is run by a non-council or voluntary organisation, they will have their own complaints procedure. You will need to contact them to make a complaint.