Getting help


What you can do if you think your child has special educational needs

Who to speak to if you think your child needs extra help.

Information, advice and support

Impartial and confidential information, advice and support around special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

Inclusion Service

Contact details for advice, support and information from specialist teachers, educational psychologists, the assessment team and specialist social workers.

Social care

Disabled children and their families may need additional support from social care services.

Family Information Network Directory (FIND)

Directory of local and national service providers, sign up to the FIND service to receive newsletters and information.

Carer support

Support, advice and guidance for carers including parent carer support groups, carer's assessments and Lancashire Parent Carer Forum.


Benefits information and services that provide grants to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, and their families.

Dispute resolution, mediation and appeals

Help to resolve disagreements, appeal an education, health and care (EHC) plan decision and contact the local special educational needs mediation service.

National organisations

Useful websites for further information.

The Common Assessment Framework

Information for parents and carers about the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) Team around the family (TAF) meetings and lead professionals.

Compliments, comments and complaints

How to send a compliment or comment or make a complaint to the council.

Other sources of information advice and support

Many organisations provide free information, advice and support such as helplines, email, face-to-face support, legal advice and tribunal representation.

You may also be interested in:

Information for professionals

Forms and guidance for EHC plans and templates for your establishment's SEND local offer.

Your feedback

If you have comments or feedback you want to give us on what is or isn’t included then please get in touch.