9. Late applications
The deadline to apply for children starting secondary school in September 2019 was 31 October 2018. If you missed this deadline you can still make a late application.
Make a late application
We prioritise applications received on time and a late application may reduce your chance of getting your preference of school.
If any of your preferences are independent (fee paying) schools, apply directly to the school itself.
Before you start
If you registered online in previous years (before 1 September 2017) you will need to re-register.
You will need to have the following handy:
- A valid email address - this is the address we will use to confirm your application and the school place you will be offered in April
- Your name, address and telephone number
- The first name, last name and date of birth of the child
- The name of the child's current primary school
- The child's permanent address (if this is different from the parent/guardian applying for a place)
- The names of your first, second and third school preferences
- Details of brothers or sisters who will be attending one or more of the schools you are applying to when the younger child starts in September
- If the child receives care, you need the name of the Local Care Authority that is responsible for this care and the child's social worker
- You will need to choose your own user ID, this must be 6-16 characters long and contain letters and numbers only
- You will also need to choose a password of at least 8 characters, one uppercase, one lowercase, one of the following special characters: ! @ # % ^ & * () and one number
Click here to register and apply > Page 9 of 14