Firework licences

If you store fireworks you may need a licence.

A storage licence will impose conditions that your business must meet. We will carry out business inspections to ensure storage requirements are met and we can revoke your licence if the conditions imposed by the license or any relevant legislation are not met.

Licensing protects the general public from risk to their health and safety.

Further guidance on storing fireworks.

In addition, if you sell fireworks other than at certain times of the year, you may need an all year round firework suppliers' licence.

Further guidance on selling fireworks.


The current fees payable for a storage licence issued under The Explosives Regulations 2014 can be found at The Health and Safety and Nuclear (Fees) Regulations 2021

The current fee payable for an all year round firework suppliers' licence issued under The Fireworks Regulations 2004 is £500 per year.

Apply for a licence

For more information and to apply for a licence please contact us at:

Lancashire County Council
Trading Standards Service
PO Box 100
County Hall
Tel: 01772 533569