Premises approval for marriages or civil ceremonies

To hold a civil ceremony or wedding at a premises in Lancashire, the premises must be approved.

You must be the proprietor or a trustee of the premises to apply for permission to hold civil ceremonies or weddings.

Application process

Your premises will be inspected and your application and plan will be made available to the public for inspection and public notice of the application put in a local newspaper as part of a public consultation process.

To be granted your application must be in the correct format and your premises deemed suitable.

However your application may still be refused if it is felt that there are too many approved premises in the area for the registrars to attend.

Conditions may be imposed to your approval.


Lancashire Certificate Service,
Lancashire Archives,
Bow Lane,

Tel: 01772 536 893