Employment support - young people in care and care leavers
If you live in Lancashire, are 16 - 25, and in care or have left care, you can get employability support. This is help to get ready for and find work.
We are the Employment and Support Team. We can offer you support with:
- careers advice
- CV writing
- interview preparation
- work experience
- getting training
- getting apprenticeships or employment
- travel training so you know how to get to work/placement
- transition into work
What we need from you
You must be:
- open to working with us to help you - listen and act on the advice given
- willing to meet us at a local venue such as a library or café
- open to taking work experience - this often leads into paid employment
- realistic about what opportunities are on offer in your local area - think about how far you are willing to travel.
For more details speak to your social worker or personal adviser.