Care Leaver Forum
Care Leaver Forum is a participation group for young people who are care experienced, aged 18-25 years, from Lancashire or living in Lancashire.
Care Leaver Forum is run by Lancashire County Council's Targeted Youth Support - Participation Service.
This participation group is to have your voice heard, have the opportunity to influence decision-making and bring about change.
What we do:
- Attend and take part in Lancashire County Council's Corporate Parenting Board and raise issues that are important to children in care and care leavers, such as the council tax exemption
- Travel to London and other places to meet with MP’s and other organisations to speak about our experiences and opinions
- Attend and train other young people on recruitment and selection and carry out speed interviews for new social workers and foster carers
- Train new social workers throughout their induction process
- Participate in a whole range of consultations and events including:
- Organising and attend Care Leaver Week activities.
- Planning and running a yearly participation conference.
- Present training to social care teams and university students.
- Sit on boards and attend meetings with Lancashire County Council, such as the Post Ofsted Improvement Board.
- Become a Young Inspector
- Meet with other Children in Care councils from across the North West
We meet monthly across Lancashire both in person and online.
More information and advice
Contact April or Adam to find out more and join us.