Education, health and care (EHC) plans
Coronavirus: disruption to services
5. The assessment
- parents and carers
- child or young person
- the nursery, school or college
- specialist teachers
- medical and health professionals
- an educational psychologist
- social care professionals
- education, health and care needs
- support required to meet these needs
to help achieve the goals and outcomes they have discussed with you.
The EHC Needs Assessment Panel will consider all the information and make a decision about issuing an EHC plan.
A decision to issue an EHC plan will be made if the panel agrees more specialist support is needed.
A decision not to issue an EHC plan will be made if the panel agrees the support can be provided within the resources usually available in a mainstream nursery, school or college.
The decision will be made within 16 weeks of the request being received.