Parenting support

If you need advice or support, please ask for help. There are many professionals that can help you:

Your GP, health visitor or school nurse

If you have concerns about your child's health and wellbeing or development, discuss it with your GP, health visitor or school nurse. They will be able to advise you on issues such as eating disorders, speech problems, bedwetting, potty training, sleeping problems, establishing a routine, behaviour and tantrums, mental health, emotional health, self harming, drugs and alcohol, pregnancy and contraception.

Your child's school

The school will be able to help you if you have concerns about your child's attendance at school or about your child being bullied at school.

The police

The police can help you if you are concerned about domestic abuse, bullying outside school or if your child is missing from home.

The county council

The Family Information Service provide information on parenting, from learning how to feed your baby, help with child behaviour issues, coping without sleep right up to dealing with teenage problems or finding activities to keep the kids entertained during the holidays.

Our Children and Family Wellbeing Service (previously children's centres) provide many services to help you with parenting including courses and advice.

To help you with your parenting we also offer:

Other sources of information and help

The are other organisations and sources of information that can help you.