Family Information Service
If you have a child or young person up to the age of 19, we provide support and advice for parents on many issues, including:
- Funded early education places for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds with a childminder or nursery and how to get a place
- Choosing and finding the right childcare for you in your local area
- Advice on help available to pay towards your childcare costs
- Children and Family Wellbeing Services, where they are and what they can offer your family.
We’re here to help you and your family.
Get in touch
- Call us on 0300 123 6712
Phone lines available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
- Email us at FIS@lancashire.gov.uk
A little extra support
Sometimes finding the right childcare to meet your family's needs can be challenging for instance if you work shifts, live in a rural area or if your child has special or additional needs. We can help you to explore the childcare options available to you and address any concerns or issues you may have. To use this service please complete our childcare brokerage service request form (DOCX 361 KB) and return it to FIS@lancashire.gov.uk including the words 'urgent childcare brokerage required' in the title.