Life's ups and downs
Sometimes things can go wrong and you may find it difficult to cope.
You are not alone, many young people suffer from stress, depression, and other mental and emotional health issues.
There's a lot you can do to cope with the ups and downs of life.
Five key things really make a difference. It's like a 5 a day for your mind!
- Be more active. Try and do a healthy amount of exercise, it could be anything from walking to school, having a kick about in the park or popping round to your mates' house instead of emailing or texting.
- Talk to friends and have a good social life. Having a group of friends who you can talk to and socialise with will definitely lift your spirits.
- Make time for yourself. Whether you like music, books, TV or countryside walks – just take some time to do what you enjoy. A good night's sleep also helps.
- Try something new. Why not sign up for that DJ course, learn to play a musical instrument, or figure out how to fix your bike? Learning new skills will boost your confidence. You can also get involved in lots of different activities to broaden your horizons.
- Doing something positive for someone else. Just a smile, a thank you or being a shoulder to cry on for a friend can really make a real difference to the person you are doing it for. It can also make you feel better about yourself. Larger acts, such as volunteering or helping someone out on a regular basis can be a good way of meeting new people.