Vulnerability and drink spiking
Vulnerability awareness training
This informative short course (20 minutes) has been developed for:
- Licensed premises staff, including door staff, working in the night-time economy
- Lancashire Constabulary
It aims to help:
- Raise awareness around the issue of drink spiking and how you can help prevent it
- Recognise the risks to vulnerable people in or outside licensed premises
- Spot harassment and how to help customers who have experienced harassment
- Identify actions you can take to protect vulnerable people from harm
On completion of the course you will be able to download a certificate for your training records.
Vulnerability and drink spiking awareness - Young people
Who are you (YouTube)
This short film highlights possible consequences of a night out and how it is everyone's responsibility to ensure the safety of vulnerable people on a night out – What would you do?
Drink spiking clip (YouTube)
NHS clip (YouTube)
Alcohol Education Trust
Attached Drink Spiking sheet (PDF 376 KB)
Range of resources on drink spiking-including two short films-Drink spiking - Alcohol Education Trust
The Alcohol Education Trust has been working hard recently to call for action about the concerning issue of drink spiking. We are pleased to feature in this new podcast which explores the topic.
Spiking is a nationwide epidemic in the UK, and Pricks, a five-part podcast series, investigates the worrying phenomena of drink spiking, including the frightening new mutation – spiking by injection.
The podcast is led by host and I’ve Been Spiked Founder Mair Howells who is on a personal mission to dig deep into the terrifying statistics and launches today. Watch a trailer
The podcast is available on Amazon Music, Apple, Spotify.