Welfare Rights Service
Lancashire County Council's Welfare Rights Service will provide help with the following:
- Appealing a benefit decision
- your claim has been stopped or sanctioned
- your claim has been refused
- you have been wrongly asked to pay money back
- you have been found fit for work
- Increasing benefit take-up with our pensioner population
- Information about benefits for carers
- Organisations (by agreement) can refer vulnerable customers who meet our service criteria by completing a referral form and emailing it to us. If your organisation would like to contact us for advice or to become a referring partner, please email us at WRSstakeholders@lancashire.gov.uk.
- Working collaboratively with local services and organisations to provide training and support on benefits
We have developed free online training courses and guides on various benefit subjects.