Household Support Fund

The Household Support Fund is provided by the Department for Work and Pensions to support those most in need.

This fund can be used to help households with children, households with pensioners and other households towards the cost of:

  • food
  • energy / water needs
  • essentials linked to energy and water
  • wider essentials, where appropriate, such as housing costs and other essential bills

We are administrating this fund across Lancashire, working with district councils and partners to support those most in need.

You can find information about support available via your local district council. You can find links to the council websites in the 'support in your district' section of this page.

Support available

Food vouchers for children during school holidays

The county council is supporting families on a low income by providing electronic shopping vouchers to use during school holiday periods.

School children

Schools will issue vouchers to benefits eligible recipients of free school meals over key holiday periods.

If you are a parent or carer of a child attending school (5 to 16-year-old) you will receive an electronic shopping voucher from your child's school.

If you are eligible, and have any questions, please speak to your child's school.

Pre-school children

We will write to parents or carers of eligible 2, 3 and 4 year olds by post. Eligibility includes:

College students

College age students in receipt of transitionary free school meal funding arrangements will receive the same benefit directly from their college.

Support in your district

Supporting local priorities all 12 District Councils are supporting residents and further details, such as eligibility or enquiries can be found via the links below.

If you are unsure which district council to contact, you can find your district council by inputting your post code.

For any other enquiries please visit your district council website for more information or contact them directly, if they are unable to resolve your enquiry then you can contact:

Other places to get help

Our cost of living support page has information about a range of other support in Lancashire.

You can also visit the government's cost of living hub for more information.