Land compensation claims

Part 1 of the Land Compensation Act 1973 provides that compensation can be claimed for residential property that has depreciated in value, by physical factors resulting from public works , where no land is acquired. More information is available fromĀ

The Land Compensation Act defines the physical factors as noise, vibration, smell, fumes, smoke, artificial light, and the discharge on to the land of any solid or liquid substance.

In relation to a claim in respect of a highway, claims can be submitted 1 year after the date it was first open to public traffic.

For more information about Lancashire County Council, and claims please emailĀ

The following application form can be used to make claims, please fill in and return to via email or post.

Estates (Part 1 Claims)
Lancashire County Council
PO Box 100
County Hall