Help for parents and carers

Parents' involvement and communications

How we keep you informed, listen to your views and work together to shape services and resolve local issues.

Family Information Network Directory (FIND)

Directory of local and national service providers, sign up to the FIND service to receive newsletters and information.

Lancashire Parent Carer Forum

Find out local, regional and national information, have your voice heard, raise local concerns and get parent to parent support.

Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Service

Contact details for advice, support and information from specialist teachers, educational psychologists, the assessment team and specialist social workers.

Parent carer support groups

A list of local support groups for parents and carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities.

What you can do if you think your child has special educational needs

Who to speak to if you think your child needs extra help.

Information, advice and support

Impartial and confidential information, advice and support service.

Carer's assessments

How to get help in your caring role.

Dispute resolution, mediation and appeals

Help to resolve disagreements and how to contact the local special educational needs mediation service.

National organisations

Useful websites for further information.

Help coping with parenting

Help available if you are struggling to cope with parenting and general advice for parents and carers.

Young carers

You are a young carer if you are under 18 years and look after someone in your family. Find out what help you can get.

Preparing for adulthood

Claiming benefits, making decisions and support when someone you care for is approaching adulthood.

The Common Assessment Framework

Information for parents and carers about the Common Assessment Framework (CAF) Team around the family (TAF) meetings and lead professionals.

Social care

If you would like to talk to someone about your social care needs call us on 0300 123 6720.

Children and family wellbeing service proposal approved by cabinet

A revised proposal to change the way the children and family wellbeing (CFW) service is delivered was approved by the county council's cabinet on Thursday 8 November 2018.

Other sources of information advice and support

Many organisations provide free information, advice and support such as helplines, email, face-to-face support, legal advice and tribunal representation.

You may also be interested in more services that can support your family for help and advice on topics like education, childcare, jobs, money, social services, divorce, the law and bereavement.

Can't find what you're looking for?

We are continuing to develop a range of information for this website. You can view our site map to see what's in the local offer or see the list of what we are working on.

Your feedback

If you think that we are missing something then please send your feedback via our feedback form.