SEN support

3. Getting further advice

If your child continues to make less progress than expected, then the nursery, school or college can ask for help from other professionals. This could include:

Together, you, the SENCO and key worker or teacher and these professionals will consider a range of support options to help your child achieve the outcomes and make progress. Another review date will also be agreed.

Independent information advice and support

You can contact the Information, Advice and Support Team for independent advice.

Other services that offer information, advice and support:

  • The Advisory Centre for Education (ACE) - independent advice around education for parents/carers of children aged 5-16 in state schools in England.
  • Children's Education Advisory Service (CEAS) provides impartial advice about the education of service children.
  • IPSEA - Independent Parental Special Education Advice, a charity that offers legal advice, support and training to ensure children and young people with SEND access the right education.
Page 3 of 4