All 3 and 4 year old children are entitled to 15 hours per week of funded early education. You can get your entitlement at any Ofsted registered early years provider such as preschool, day nursery, childminder or school nursery.
Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds may also be eligible for a further 15 hours of childcare, 30 hours funded childcare in total.
Funded childcare for 2 year olds
Your child may be eligible for funded childcare for 2 year olds if they:
- get Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- have a current education, health and care (EHC) plan
- meet the criteria for Portage (the referral must be made by the Portage Team)
If your child meets any of the criteria listed above, please contact your social worker, health visitor, Children and Family Wellbeing Service or Portage worker to complete a referral on your behalf.
Your child may also be eligible if you are getting certain benefits or meet any of the other eligibility criteria.
Visit the early years, childcare and family support section of the website for:
- Funded childcare for 2 year olds
- Funded childcare for 3 and 4 year olds
- 30 hours funded childcare
- Help paying for childcare - other support you may be entitled to.