For regular updates on the weather 

Emergency contacts

  • Lancashire Police – 999 – If there is an immediate risk to life call the police (101 non-emergency number).
  • Environment Agency Floodline - 0345 988 1188 - To report a flood or if your property is at risk of flooding from a reservoir, river or coastal water.
  • United Utilities - 0345 6723 723 - If flooding is from sewers or burst water mains.
  • Power cuts – 105 - To report a power cut or get updates when your electricity has been cut off. You can find more flooding advice from Electricity Northwest and their priority services register for customers who may need extra support during a power cut.

Other key contacts

Lancashire County Council

Where a flood incident relates to highway drainage or to ordinary watercourse, surface water or groundwater you can report the incident to Lancashire County Council by using any of the following methods:

  • Online: Report flooding and drainage issuesusing our online form.
  • (an app is available to download from the Love Clean Streets website)
  • Telephone: 0300 123 6780

We can also give you advice on local rest centres, road closures or vulnerable people. 

Your district council

Find contact details for your district council. They will be able to give you advice on any government support or flood resilience grants available to homeowners and businesses affected by flooding.

Other useful links

Report it

  • non-urgent blocked drains
  • missing manhole covers

Report a highway fault