For regular updates on the weather
- Tune in to your local radio station for the latest information about flooding and traffic reports.
- Check the Met Office Severe Weather Warnings.
- Follow the Met Office on Facebook and Twitter for weather updates.
- Follow the hashtags #LancsAlert and #FloodAware on Twitter.
- Lancashire Police – 999 – If there is an immediate risk to life call the police (101 non-emergency number).
- Environment Agency Floodline - 0345 988 1188 - To report a flood or if your property is at risk of flooding from a reservoir, river or coastal water.
- United Utilities - 0345 6723 723 - If flooding is from sewers or burst water mains.
- Power cuts – 105 - To report a power cut or get updates when your electricity has been cut off. You can find more flooding advice from Electricity Northwest and their priority services register for customers who may need extra support during a power cut.
Other key contacts
Lancashire County Council - 0300 123 6780 – If flooding is from highway drainage, surface water, groundwater or watercourses. We can also give you advice on local rest centres, road closures or vulnerable people.
Report a blocked drain or a pothole using our online form.
Your district council – Find contact details for your district council. They will be able to give you advice on any government support or flood resilience grants available to homeowners and businesses affected by flooding.