Apply for a primary school place
Coronavirus - disruption to services
There may be unavoidable delays to progressing and hearing school admissions appeals this year. We are monitoring government guidance and considering the possible impact of the coronavirus on school admissions appeals.
9. Late applications
The deadline to apply for children starting primary school in September 2020 was 15 January 2020. If you've missed this deadline fill in a late application as soon as possible.
We prioritise applications received on time and a late application may reduce your chance of getting your preference of school.
Before you start
If any of your preferences are independent (fee paying) schools, apply directly to the school itself.
You will need to have the following handy:
- A valid email address
- Your name, address and telephone number
- The forename, surname and date of birth of the child
- The child's permanent address (if different from the parent/guardian applying)
- The names of your first, second and third school preferences
- Details of brothers or sisters who will be attending one or more of the schools you are applying to when the younger child starts in September
- If the child receives care, you need the name of the Local Care Authority that is responsible for this care and the child's social worker
- Some faith schools or academies may also require you to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF).