Apply for a primary school place
9. Late applications
The deadline to apply for children starting primary school in September 2020 was 15 January 2020. If you've missed this deadline fill in a late application as soon as possible.
We prioritise applications received on time and a late application may reduce your chance of getting your preference of school.
Before you start
If you registered online in previous years (before 1 September 2017) you will need to re-register as we are using a new system.
If any of your preferences are independent (fee paying) schools, apply directly to the school itself.
You will need to have the following handy:
- A valid email address - this is the address we will use to confirm your application and the school place you will be offered in April
- Your name, address and telephone number
- The forename, surname and date of birth of the child
- The child's permanent address (if different from the parent/guardian applying)
- The names of your first, second and third school preferences
- Details of brothers or sisters who will be attending one or more of the schools you are applying to when the younger child starts in September
- If the child receives care, you need the name of the Local Care Authority that is responsible for this care and the child's social worker
- You will need to choose your own user ID, this must be 6-16 characters long and contain letters and numbers only
- You will also need to choose a password of at least 8 characters, one uppercase, one lowercase, one of the following special characters: ! @ # % ^ & * () and one number