Preston – Walton-le-Dale park and ride
Park and Ride location
Sat Nav – PR5 4AR
- Up to 800 multi-use parking spaces including dedicated disabled and parent & child bays
- Electric charger spaces (charges apply)
- Free parking
- Frequent service, buses every 10 minutes throughout the day direct to the city centre
- Low floor easy access buses with CCTV for added passenger comfort
- Floodlit car park
- Covered and illuminated bus shelter with seating
- Cycle parking
The site is only intended for parking when using the bus service. Parking is not permitted if not using the bus service.
Monday to Saturday
The site opens just prior to the first bus at 7am. The last bus leaves Church Street Stop J (opposite Preston Minster) in the city centre at 7.29pm and the site closes just after the bus arrives back at the site.
Buses operate every 10 minutes Monday to Saturday:
Sunday and Bank Holidays
No service - closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day
Park and ride bus fares
Parking on the site is completely free just buy your bus ticket from the driver on the park and ride bus.
|Under 19 return
|Under 12 return
|Adult weekly return
|Under 19 weekly return
Up to 2 adults travelling together with up to 3 children
Up to 4 people travelling together in the same vehicle, returning at the same time.
Before 9:30am on Monday-Friday full adult fare applies.
|Free after 9.30am
Disabled pass holders are subject to a £1 fare before 9.30am on Monday – Friday
All other times are free of charge with a valid disabled ENCTS card.
|Free after 9.30am
Please note standard Stagecoach dayriders / megariders / monthly tickets are not valid on this service.
Due to the restoration works at the Harris Museum, Art Gallery and Library, until further notice, the drop off and pick up points in Preston City Centre are:
- First stop: the Coach Station at Preston Bus Station
- Second stop: Church Street Stop J, opposite Preston Minster.
For lost property or complaints, please contact Stagecoach Merseyside and South Lancashire on 01772 255777
Terms and conditions
Operated by Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire on behalf of Lancashire County Council.
- Lancashire County Council and Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire will not be held responsible for any damage to or loss from any vehicle parked
- Any damage caused to fences, gates, or locks will be treated as criminal damage and proceedings will be taken
- The Park and Ride car park is a private car park for the use of Park and Ride customers using the bus service
- The car park is locked after the last bus departs the site. In the event of your car being locked in this car park, telephone Stagecoach Merseyside & South Lancashire on 01772 255778. There will be a call out charge payable to the bus operator
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this information, however, Lancashire County Council is not able to accept any responsibility for inaccuracy.
Walton-le-Dale park and ride car park order: Parking conditions
- Vehicles exceeding 7.5 tonnes or vehicles exceeding 2.1m high are prohibited from both the north and south car park
- There are designated bays available for motorcycles
- Electric vehicle charging in designated bays (south car
A penalty charge notice may be issued for failing to comply with the parking regulations
- Parking in a disabled bay without clearly displaying a valid blue badge
- Parking in a restricted area
- Parking beyond bay markings
- Parked causing an obstruction
- Parked in a parking place or area not designated for that class of vehicle
- Vehicle exceeds maximum weight, height of length permitted
- Using a vehicle in connection with the sale of goods or services
- Parking in a place for a purpose other than that designated
- Parked with engine running where prohibited
- Parking in an electric vehicle bay whilst not charging
- Parking for longer than permitted
- Reparking within restricted time period