Teaching High Quality Dance and Gymnastic Activities at Key Stage 1
Suitable for: Subject Leaders, Teachers, Teaching Assistants
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
This course will cover:
• To develop class teachers’ confidence in delivering and assessing high quality gymnastic and dance activities at KS1 in primary schools.
• To develop teachers' ability to plan and deliver creative dance activities at KS1.
• To be able to teach gymnastic skills for KS1 children.
• To explore how children make progress in educational gymnastic activities on both the floor and apparatus.
• To understand health and safety in curriculum gymnastics.
This course is for teachers who feel less comfortable teaching gymnastic and dance activities than they do other areas of the PE curriculum.
Teachers will explore:
• How to plan, deliver and assess gymnastic and dance units of work.
• Explore Lancashire KS1 core tasks and how they can be used to enhance learning and progress in gymnastic and dance activities
• How to plan and teach creative dance and explore dance through cross curricular links at KS1
• How to teach a range of basic gymnastic skills.
• How to use apparatus appropriately to enhance learning in gymnastic activities
• Health & Safety and risk management in curriculum gymnastic activities.
This course has an element of practical work so teachers should be dressed appropriately.