Teaching Mathematics in Year Three
Suitable for: Teachers, ECTs
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
• To identify the objectives and expectations of the mathematics curriculum for Year Three.
• To enhance mathematics subject knowledge and pedagogy around curriculum content within this year group.
• To consider how to develop conceptual understanding in Year Three.
• To become familiar with medium term planning for mathematics and how this can be tailored for individual classes.
• To discuss effective strategies for assessing mathematics in Year Three.
This course will provide Year Three teachers with all the information needed to help plan and teach a cohesive mathematics curriculum and will discuss effective strategies for assessing children’s learning.
The session will cover all areas of the national curriculum for mathematics, supporting teachers with the subject knowledge required for effective teaching, ideas for developing children’s conceptual understanding and ways to make links between the different aspects of mathematics.
Participants will be provided with a medium term planning document which can be used or adapted for their own setting.