Inspecting Online Safeguarding
Suitable for: Headteachers, Heads of Department, Subject Leaders, Teachers, SENDCo
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|MAN119||Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4||
• To support a review of online safety strategies against the latest Ofsted inspection criteria
• To review the role of the Online Safety Champion in school
• To support schools in teaching children to become resilient online learners
• To ensure that online safety is a central tenet of the school's safeguarding strategy
• To consider the extent to which school's filtering and monitoring of its network is robust and in line with its statutory duty
This course shall challenge delegates’ understanding of current best practice with regards to safe online activity and explore the extent to which current school provision is robust and able to protect pupils against the potential pitfalls of internet use.
As well as reviewing documentation and discussing case scenarios, delegates shall have the opportunity to engage in a variety of activities supported by the county adviser in order to evaluate key features of good and outstanding practice.
This course is recommended for senior staff, online safety champions, computing subject leaders and governors with responsibility for computing and online safety.