Effective Financial Management in Nursery, Primary and Special Schools
Suitable for: Headteacher, Senior Leaders, Deputy Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|MAN102||Foundation; KS1; KS2||
1. For headteachers /deputy headteachers/ assistant headteachers to gain an understanding of the funding arrangements in primary schools.
2. For headteachers /deputy headteachers/assistant headteachers to develop skills in effective financial management and leadership in schools.
3. For headteachers /deputy headteachers/assistant headteachers to understand the process and expectations of the Schools Financial Value Standard
4. An opportunity to network with colleagues and learn from other real-life scenarios.
- Understand how schools are funded within the national funding framework.
- Understand the principles of budget setting and planning, including the link to school development plans
- Understand the means of budget monitoring and financial control.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities for financial management including those of the Local Authority (LA), Governing Board, Headteachers and other school staff.
- Understand 'procurement' and consider ways in which schools can develop procurement skills.
- Self-evaluate the school's financial management and leadership
- Consider how to evidence and evaluate the impact of Pupil Premium Grant.
- Hear from an experienced headteacher about how to survive financial leadership of a school.
Where delegates are unable to attend one of the scheduled dates, it may be possible for them to attend that session when the course is repeated. In this case, a charge of £25 per session will be levied by journal transfer to cover additional venue costs.