Chairs' Course: Leading the Board - a course for experienced chairs
Suitable for: New chairs, vice-chairs and any governor looking to take on the role
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|GOV114||Foundation; KS2; KS3; Post16||
Leading the Board Aims
This course considers:
• How is it going? – An honest appraisal
• Are your vision and strategy clear to all?
• Are you strategic and not operational?
• Does your board have a culture of learning and development?
• Does your board have a culture of questioning and challenge?
• Does your board have a culture of evaluation and review?
• Succession planning
• Preparing for Inspection
This course is for Governors only. Schools who have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive this course for free as part of their package, but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools which have not bought in to the SLA will be charged the full course fee. It is important that you inform LPDS if you are unable to attend a course to avoid the charge for non-attendance.
You will receive a course confirmation letter via the Schools' Portal and also via email 4 weeks prior to the course.