Year 2 Last Push Pack for Reading and Writing
Suitable for: Teachers
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
This course is specifically designed to help Year 2 teachers generate quality outcomes to inform their end of year teacher assessments. This half day course will:
• Examine the STA Teacher Assessment Frameworks for KS1 Reading and Writing;
• Explore key reading and writing skills that children must demonstrate;
• Use a quality text to plan a wealth of writing opportunities in a wide range of genres (fiction, non-fiction and poetry);
• Provide guidance on how to aim for the higher standards in reading and writing ;
• Provide teachers with a HALF PRICE unit of work based around the theme of Aladdin.
This course will enable Year 2 teachers to plan a range of opportunities for children to support reading and writing outcomes linked to the STA KS1 Teacher Assessment Frameworks for Reading and Writing. The course will be based around a range of quality texts and films based on Aladdin and it incorporates narrative, non-fiction and poetry. Teachers will be given the unit free of charge as part of the course sign-up.