Talk Nursery A year-long early literacy CPD programme designed to improve outcomes for children in Nursery
Suitable for: Subject Leaders, Teachers, Head Teachers, Teaching Assistants
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|ENG114||Birth To Three; Foundation||
Talk Nursery is a year-long CPD programme designed to improve outcomes for children in Nursery
The cost of this programme is £300 for one member of staff attending each session and includes four half days of CPD.
The programme includes:
- Vocabulary development, practical strategies for closing the word gap and the importance of quality talk.
- Explicit teaching, learning and assessment of phonics using the Letters and Sounds. programme with a focus on phase one and the beginning of phase two.
- Early reading strategies to promote book talk and comprehension during shared and modelled reading.
- Reading for pleasure alongside strategies to engage children’s love of books
Approaches to engage parents.
- Talk to develop early mark making.
- Storytelling approaches for language development .
- Updates regarding early literacy linked to the OFSTED Framework, new EYFS Framework and national developments.
Following each session, participants will be provided with a comprehensive toolkit of materials which can be utilised in school.