ECTs: Getting to Grips with Questioning
Suitable for: ECTs & LTAs
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|ECT163||Foundation; KS1; KS2||
- To review references to questioning in the Early Career Framework
- To consider the range of purposes for using questions
- To identify strategies to include all pupils in answering questions
- To provide examples of different question formats (multiple choice, open / closed, odd one out…)
- To have a range of practical strategies for using questions to engage children and deepen learning
The Early Career Framework identifies the essential role questioning has in formative assessment and in supporting pupils' learning in the classroom. Participants will consider how questioning can inform planning and help teachers to adapt lessons and challenge pupils appropriately. Participants will be given different questions formats to use across the curriculum and examples of questions will be given for a variety of lessons and year groups.
Please note: non attendance will result in a charge of £99.00 being charged.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING AS AN LTA MEMBER, PLEASE NOTE: NON ATTENDANCE WILL RESULT IN THE FULL COST £99.00 BEING CHARGED.