ECTs: Getting to Grips with Progression in Fractions
Suitable for: ECTs and LTAs
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|ECT150||Foundation; KS1; KS2||
• To agree a definition for the term fraction.
• To consider the progression in fractions from EYFS to Year 6.
• To explore the range of ways in which a fraction can be represented and recorded.
• To identify the key skills that are necessary to support understanding of fractions.
• To provide practical ideas to support with the development of fractions in the classroom.
This course will identify what a fraction is and how it can be shown in a range of ways – part of a whole, part of a set or division of one number by another, as well as in the form of decimals and percentages. Participants will explore a range of practical and pictorial representations to support children in developing their conceptual understanding of fractions.
PLEASE NOTE: Non attendance will result in the full charge of £45.00.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING AS AN LTA MEMBER, PLEASE NOTE: NON ATTENDANCE WILL RESULT IN THE FULL COST £45.00 BEING CHARGED.