ECTs: Getting to Grips with Place Value
Suitable for: ALL ECTs and LTAs
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|ECT123||Foundation; KS1; KS2||
• To identify the aspects of learning within place value.
• To consider the progression in aspects of place value from EYFS to Year 6.
• To explore the range of ways in which place value can be represented and recorded.
• To identify the key skills that are necessary to support understanding of place value.
• To provide practical ideas to support the teaching and learning of place value.
This course will identify what place value is and how an understanding of it helps children to access many other strands of mathematics such as calculation, fractions, decimals, percentages, measurement and statistics. Participants will explore how different practical and pictorial representations can be used to develop a deep understanding of our number system.
PLEASE NOTE: Non attendance will result in the full charge of £45.00.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING AS AN LTA MEMBER, PLEASE NOTE: NON ATTENDANCE WILL RESULT IN THE FULL COST £45.00 BEING CHARGED.