How to integrate and teach international new arrivals including refugees and asylum seekers
Suitable for: Heads of Departments, Subject Leaders, Teachers, ECTs, Teaching Assistants, EAL Coordinators, LTA, SENDO
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|EAL136||KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4||
**Please use the email address for the delegate attending the course when booking a place**
This course will cover:
• To understand key principles of teaching and learning for children new to English
• To ensure that newly-arrived children and their families are warmly welcomed and feel safe and secure in the school environment
• To explore the key principles of good assessment for EAL children
• To understand how to develop basic pupils' languages skills
• To gain the understanding of classroom strategies to support newly arrived children accessing the curriculum and to share resources from an induction pack for new to English pupils.
The course is designed for teachers and teaching assistants with limited knowledge of working with new arrivals.
It will equip them with knowledge, skills and resources to provide a well thought out whole school approach to creating a welcoming environment for pupils who arrive at school with little knowledge of English. Each participant will receive several documents from the induction pack for new to English pupils