For Teaching Assistants An introduction to the NEW EYFSP (Early Years Foundation Stage Profile)
Suitable for: Teaching Assistants, Reception Classes
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
1. To inform participants about the NEW EYFSP (Early Years Foundation Stage Profile).
2. To help explain how to make assessments and, in turn, how these relate to the NEW EYFSP ELGs.
3. To consider ways of effectively managing EYFS assessments, planning for them, building on learning and recording results
4. To understand the key role that Teaching Assistants play in the assessment process
This half day course is for Teaching Assistants who work in the reception class. It gives a thorough overview of the EYFSP, which is the statutory assessment tool used in the reception year.
The course will consider how to:
• plan for EYFSP assessments and manage the process
• use your EYFSP assessments in an ongoing way to promote learning throughout the year
• record information and help feed these into Teacher Assessments
• reporting to parents
Participants should bring any documentation that has been releases in regard to the NEW ELGS to the session.