Administering the Year 1 Phonics Screening Check 2023
Suitable for: Headteacher, Subject Leaders, Teachers
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
**Please use the email address for the delegate attending the course when booking a place**
This course will cover:
1. To provide an overview of the purpose of the Year 1 Phonics Screening Check (KS1).
2. To consider what schools need to do to prepare for the check
3. To provide information on access arrangements for the check.
4. To outline how the check should be administered and reported
5. To provide guidance about statutory monitoring arrangements for the phonics check.
This course will look at the administrative arrangements for the Year 1 Phonics Screening Check- how, when and where the check is to be administered. During the session we will look at the National Guidance materials; consider how the test will be administered as well as looking at important do's and don’ts for schools.
The session will also provide information on responsibilities that schools have in terms of administering the check, security of the check materials and marking. In addition we will look at the Local Authorities responsibilities for monitoring the Year 1 Phonics Screening Check.
This course is aimed particularly at teachers in Year 1 who have not administered the check in the past or who want a refresher about procedures; it is also appropriate for literacy subject leaders and members of the senior management team