8. School, homework and study
World Book Online (external link)
World Book Online contains thousands of informational articles with stunning illustrations, videos, interactive maps, research help, and activities.
Several editions are available, all in one place.
- For children around 6 to 10, with thousands of easy-to-read articles packed with illustrations, videos, interactive maps, comparison tools, and a wealth of engaging games and activities
- For students in secondary schools and 6th form college. All the articles from the print versions of the World Book Encyclopaedia plus extra articles, multi-media and learning resources.
- And an Advanced edition. A vast multi-media encyclopaedia integrated in a single search. Useful for general research by adults and college students.
- Plus, a wide range of informative non-fiction and fiction eBooks for all ages on a host of topics that can easily be read in your browser on computer or portable device.
- Online tutorials are available to help you make the most of World Book
Credo Reference (external link)
- 1100 reference and non-fiction eBooks on a huge range of subjects that you can search and read online
- Includes the Britannica Concise Encyclopaedia and also a range of Dorling Kindersley's stunning DK Eyewitness series
- Share, print and save excerpts
NewsBank (external link)
- UK and world newspaper articles published in the last 5 to 25 years sorted by topic
- All the major world and national daily papers are included as well as many local and regional ones.
Learning Place (external link)
Page 8 of 13
- Websites chosen and validated by library staff to help in your learning and fit in with the National Curriculum
- Endorsed by the Lancashire Grid for Learning and teachers throughout Lancashire