You have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), these are the right:
- to be informed via Privacy Notices such as this.
- to withdraw your consent. If we are relying on your consent to process your data then you can remove this at any point.
- of access to any personal information the council holds about yourself. To request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing. You are entitled to receive a copy of your personal data within 1 calendar month of our receipt of your subject access request. If your request is complex then we can extend this period by a further two months, if we need to do this we will contact you. You can request a subject access request, either via a letter to Information Governance Team, address below.
- of rectification, we must correct inaccurate or incomplete data within one month.
- to erasure. You have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing unless we have a legal obligation to process your personal information.
- to restrict processing. You have the right to suppress processing. We can retain just enough information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
- to data portability. We can provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form when asked.
- to object. You can object to your personal data being used for profiling, direct marketing or research purposes.
- in relation to automated decision making and profiling, to reduce the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken without human intervention.
If you want to exercise any of these rights then you can do so by contacting;
Information Governance Team
Lancashire County Council
PO Box 78
If using the eform we will contact to you to collect proof of identity.
You can also make a request verbally, either in person to an employee or member of the County Council, or by telephone to 0300 123 6701 or by minicom to 01254 220 666. If you make a verbal request we will confirm our understanding of your request with you and confirm the address (email or postal) to which you would like a response sent. We must also be satisfied as to your identity when making a verbal request, and as such you should be prepared to provide evidence of identity.
To ensure that we can deal with your request as efficiently as possible you will need to include your current name and address, proof of identity (a copy of your driving licence, passport or two different utility bills that display your name and address), as much detail as possible regarding your request so that we can identify any information we may hold about you, this may include your previous name and address, date of birth and what council service you were involved with.
Collecting information automatically
Please see our cookies page for further information about the information we collect automatically when using our website.
Data protection and access to information