Lancashire County Council Logo
My location

Your location enables us to provide information about services in your area.

Highways, environment and planning complaints and feedback

If you want to report a street lighting, roads or highway fault, please follow this link to Report It, our dedicated online reporting tool.

If your comment or compliment is about any other non-highway related matter (for example environment or planning), please email:

If you have a complaint that is not a first time report of a defect / fault on the highway or if your matter has already been reported but has not been dealt with in our set timeframe for dealing with such matters of 22 working days, please email:

or write to us at:

Complaints and appeals team
Lancashire County Council
Christ Church Precinct
County Hall

Or telephone on 0300 123 6780.

Highways claim form

Before making a claim, please consider the information contained within the form, which explains some of the legal background to highway maintenance and the law which relates to it.  Please be aware that our Corporate Complaints Team do not handle enquiries in relation to claim forms - completed forms should be returned to 

To submit a claim, download the 'highways claims form'