Exclusions from school

9. Exclusions advice

For information or advice, please contact your area education office

Special Educational Needs

For information or advice about special educational needs or disability contact your Inclusion Service area team.

You can also contact the Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Team.

Independent advice

Independent advice is available from the Advisory Centre for Education (ACE). ACE is not connected to the county council:

Coram Children’s Legal Centre

The Coram Children’s Legal Centre is a national charity and provides advice on exclusions.

Department for Education guidance

Schools and Lancashire County Council (the local authority) must follow statutory guidance from the Department for Education. A guide for parents on school behaviour and exclusion is also available.

For more information see the GOV.UK website:

Page 9 of 9