Secondary school appeals
The admissions authority you appeal to and the form you need to complete are different for different types of school.
If you do not know the type of school you are appealing for, check the list of secondary schools.
Before completing the appeal form you should read the guidance notes for advice on what to put in your appeal and other important information.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) format of your school appeal
All our Independent Appeal Panel members and Clerks have now undertaken training on virtual hearings, to allow them to access and listen to hearings under new Department for Education rules.
You must complete the appeal form by:
- Friday 25 March 2022 for community and voluntary controlled schools
- the schools' deadline for voluntary aided, foundation schools, academies and free schools - these schools may have their own closing date for appeal forms, please contact the school directly for this deadline
If once you have read all the guidance notes you have any further questions, or are unable to complete the form online please contact your local area education office.
Supplementary Faith Forms
If you are appealing on Faith Grounds you must also fill in the Supplementary Faith form (available on the schools' websites) and submit this with your appeal application form.
Please return completed forms direct to the school for which you are appealing. These schools may have their own closing date for appeal forms, please contact the school directly for this deadline.
Information in other languages
If English is not your first language, you can download additional information in Arabic, Bulgarian, Gujarati, Italian, Polish, Spanish or Urdu.
Schools that have their own appeal form
For the following schools please contact the school direct as they have their own appeal form:
- Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy
- Eden Boys' School – appeal form (PDF 421 KB)
- Eden Boys' School – guidance notes (PDF 317 KB)
- Maharishi Free School
For further information and advice please contact your local area education office.