Holiday activities and food programme (HAF)
We're arranging an exciting programme of activities for the school summer holidays.
A wide range of different activities are being planned, aimed at helping children and young people to:
- be more active
- learn new skills
- make new friends, and
- work together
The activities will also help to increase self-esteem and improve wellbeing - but most importantly we want children to have fun over the summer holidays.
The programme will run for four weeks over the school holidays. It will provide four hours of activities a day, including a meal, over four days per week.
We are working with a wide range of partners, including our district council colleagues and StreetGames, to develop new opportunities and build on existing activity programmes. Activities are being run by established community groups and youth organisations.
Who is the programme for
Funding for the programme has been provided from the Department for Education (DfE) to Lancashire County Council.
To get a free place on the Holiday Activities and Food Programme (HAF) your family needs to be eligible for free school meals.
If you are not sure if this applies to you, ask at your child's school and they will be able to help you.
How to apply
If you have a child or young person who wishes to take part in the HAF programme, you'll be able to book with your district council via the links below.
If your district doesn't appear yet, don't worry it will be added soon.
- Burnley - Fun, Food and Friends
- Chorley - Holiday and Food Activity Programme
- Fylde - Summer Holiday Activity Clubs
- Hyndburn - Holiday Activities and Food Programme
- Lancaster - Happy Healthy Holidays
- Pendle - Fun Vibes, Active Lives
- Preston - Get Stuck In
- Ribble Valley - Fun, Food and Friends
- Rossendale - Holiday Activities and Food Programme
- South Ribble - Holiday Activities and Food Scheme
- West Lancashire - West Lancs HAF
- Wyre - Holiday Clubs for Kids