Holiday activities and food programme (HAF)
Easter holidays 2024
The next round of HAF will take place at Easter. The majority of activities will run from 2 to 12 April 2024.
There will be more on offer this year than ever. Information and booking links should be available in March, so look out for it - we don't want anyone missing out!
Parental feedback form
If your child has attended one of the HAF sessions, please help us improve our service and complete our Parental Feedback Form.
What is HAF
The HAF programme is in place to ensure all children get the chance to have healthy happy holidays so they can:
- be more active
- learn new skills
- meet up with friends and make new ones
- get a tasty nutritious meal
- work together and stay safe
The activities on offer will help to increase self-esteem and improve wellbeing. There will also be advice and information on healthy eating and nutrition, but the focus is definitely on fun and friends.
If your child or young person is eligible they will be able to attend at least 4 days of HAF provision, the length of each daily session will be at least 4 hours in length and a meal will be provided.
Who the programme is for
Funding for the programme has been provided from the Department for Education (DfE) to Lancashire County Council.
Eligible for free school meals
To get a free place on the Holiday Activities and Food Programme (HAF) your family needs to be eligible for benefits related free school meals.
If you are not sure if this applies to you, ask at your child's school and they will be able to help you. Some schools are given codes to pass on to eligible families, which you can use when you book a place for your child.
Not eligible for free school meals
We are able to offer 15% of places to children not on free school meals, who as result of other circumstances or vulnerabilities would still benefit from a free place. This could be
- children with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities
- children missing from education
- young carers, or
- those being supported on an early help plan
This list is not exhaustive and is determined locally, so if you think this may apply to you, ask at your child's school or contact the HAF organisers in your district.
How to apply
If you have a child or young person who would like to attend a HAF club or activity, you can book a place with your district council, via the links below.
- Burnley - Fun, Food and Friends
- Chorley - Holiday and Food Activity Programme - link coming soon
- Fylde - Holiday Activity Clubs
- Hyndburn - Holiday Activities and Food Programme - link coming soon
- Lancaster - Happy Healthy Holidays - link coming soon
- Pendle - Fun Vibes, Active Lives
- Preston - Get Stuck In
- Ribble Valley - Fun, Food and Friends - link coming soon
- Rossendale - Holiday Activities and Food Programme - link coming soon
- South Ribble - Holiday Activities and Food Scheme - link coming soon
- West Lancashire - West Lancs HAF - link coming soon
- Wyre - Holiday Clubs for Kids - link coming soon
If you have any questions about HAF please email: CFW-HAF@lancashire.gov.uk
Find out more
Lancashire HAF Report
- Lancashire HAF Report 2022 PDF 2.64 MB