Tell us if you are worried about a child

If you are concerned about a child being abused or neglected or about an adult that works with children call 0300 123 6720 or out of hours 0300 123 6722.

Social care support for children and families

What social care support is, how we assess needs and how we provide help.


What child neglect is, signs to look out for and what we are doing to prevent neglect.

Family safeguarding

About our new approach to providing help for families in need and who will work with families as part of our Family Safeguarding Team.

Children in employment and entertainment

Find information and apply for an employment certificate, performance licence or chaperone licence.

Looking after somebody else's child

Private arrangements, legal orders, rights and responsibilities.