We have been awarded the Silver Food for Life Catering Mark in recognition of the following achievements:
- Over 80% of our food is freshly prepared and cooked on site* and all our menus are compliant with the Government’s ‘Food Standards for Schools’
- 100% of our suppliers are classed as local.
- 75% of the food we purchase is produced in the UK.
- We are fully committed to animal welfare and only use meat that is classified under a farm assurance scheme. We only use free-range eggs in our cooking and baking.
- All our fresh milk, pasta, rice and flour is organically produced.
- All our fish is MSC certified- meaning it is sourced responsibly and comes from a certified sustainable fishery. This protects and safeguards seafood supplies. All our tuna is dolphin-friendly.
We continually work to increase our use of environmentally-friendly and locally-sourced products.